Tuesday, December 13, 2011

How would YOU like to come home to a room filled with candlelight?

by candle lightImage by jason tinder via FlickrI came home last night to the often copied scene from countless movies. It was the end of a long day, I walked into my family room to find a room filled with light from nothing but candles and a tiny Christmas tree. That's right, my husband did that, with no prompting whatsoever. 
Now don't get me wrong, this was not a grand gesture to sweep me off my feet, but it was the perfect end to a very long day.
I felt immediately relaxed, transported and removed from being tired, having a list of things to worry about and work on and simply melted into the couch.
Maybe this doesn't appeal to you. Maybe you don't have long days, and don't come home mentally and physically exhausted.
Maybe at this time of year, the late sunrise and early sunset don't make the days seem 30 hours long.
But I can tell you, I was sure happy that my home has candles to light, that my husband knows where they are, and that even when I'm not home, he thinks to light them up just for himself, because coming home to a room filled with candlelight was the perfect, relaxing end to my day.
Thanks Hubby!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment